When someone visits www.dukesenergy.co.uk we use third-party services, Google services and Hot Jar, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be upfront about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Duke’s Energy Limited of 17 Normanton Rd, Crowland, PE6 0JJ.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Marcus Buckley Bennion.
Personal information collection
Duke’s Energy may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
• Information about your use of this mobile app/website-this might include but is not limited to IP addresses, pages of the site visited, time spent on the website.
• Personal Information that you provide us with (such as your name/address/ DOB/ …) for the purpose of registering with the app/website.
• Information that you provide us with (such as your name/address/ DOB/ …) for the purpose of subscribing to the app/website services.
• Any other information that you send to Duke’s Energy or any of its branches (such as your name/address/ DOB/ …).
• Information that you provide us with (such as your name/address/ DOB/ …) for the purpose of arranging a quote/visit (anything else).
• Information that you provide us with (such as your name/address/ DOB/ …) for the purpose of requesting more information.
• Duke’s Energy will never provide or sell your details to third parties.
Using personal information
By providing us with your personal information, you consent to Duke’s Energy using your details to:
• Fulfil any legal obligation or contract between us.
• Administer and improve the usability of this mobile app/website.
• Personalise the app/website for you.
• Enable easier access to and use of the apps/websites services.
• Publish information about you on the app/website as a testimonial of our services, this will only happen once consent has been gained.
• Supply to you services that you purchase through any of our outlets.
• Send to you statements and invoices for services or products purchased.
• Collect payments from you.
• Send you marketing communications, providing you have opted into these services.
Securing your data
Duke’s Energy will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. All information stored will be encrypted and access will be limited to authorised parties.
Duke’s Energy will store all the personal information you provide only for as long as the information is still relevant, after this time it will be removed from our system securely.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
• Our company complaints procedure is laid out in this policy along with the contact details of our in-house Complaints Manager.
Cross-border data transfers
• In addition, personal information that you submit and authorise for publication on the app will be published on the internet and may be available around the world, however this will only be stored on servers based in the EU.
• By using and submitting your information on our sites you agree to such cross-border transfers of personal information as set out above.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
· In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
· If Duke’s Energy or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
· If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Duke’s Energy, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data or to rectify inaccurate data. You also have the right in certain circumstances to require that we delete your data. You can exercise your right by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise this right at any time by contacting us at info [@] dukesenergy.co.uk.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1988. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Updating this statement
• You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are familiar with any changes.
• This app/website contains links to other websites.
• Duke’s Energy is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
Contact Duke’s Energy
- by email to info [@] dukesenergy.co.uk ; or
- by post to 17 Normanton Rd, Crowland, PE6 0JJ